Sales have concluded
China Africa Stories (CAS) IV: How to avoid unsustainable development in Africa-China projects
This is a youth-driven academic forum examining trends in new energy, sustainable development and leadership training for better Africa-China sustainable development projects.
About CAS: CAS is a youth-driven academic forum that goes beyond the high-level government to government official dialogue in the Africa-China space. It calls young Africans, Chinese and other Africa-China relations' stakeholders to engage at a practical people to people level.
A half-day conference featuring a series of interactive workshops and talks providing both African and Chinese students and young professionals an opportunity to explore their role in the Africa-China relationship and opportunities for impact.
Co-Hosted with China Africa Tech Initiative
- 15:00 to 15:10 - Welcome & Introductions by Kente & Silk and China Africa Tech Initiative
- 15:10 to 15:50 - Panel #1 & Q&A - "How to avoid unsustainable developments in Africa-China Projects" – Panel participants present recommendations in an answer & feedback session moderated by Stephany Zoo, AZA & China Africa Tech Initiative
- Hassan Ssewajje, President of the African Students at Peking University and as an Editor of PKU Africa Think Tank – “Recommendations to harnessing sustainability of debt-funded infrastructure projects in Africa”
- Kofi Kisiedu Acquaye, YPARD Africa Coordinator; Networking and Communications Lead for YPARD Africa at Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa-FARA YPARD (Based in Ghana) “Recommendations for climate-smart agriculture, that govern the Sustainable Development Goals in Africa”
- Daniel Waters, Fellow of the University of Lagos, Researching the impact of Chinese involvement in Sub-Saharan universities and research institutions. Recommendations on creating better academic Africa-China partnerships for “sustainable development”.
- Ibeawuchi Benedicta O, Founder of Beny’s Pout and Agriculture University of China PhD candidate. Recommending investment in African agricultural research and development that includes nutrient use management, reducing chemicals and educating rural farmers in waste management technology.
- 15:50 to 15:55 - Break
- 15:55 to 16:40 - Keynote #1 & Q&A Africa-China entrepreneurship that matters - Yaa Anima (Opare Appiah) Mensah Co-Founder, CEO at AYFINERGY Founder, Nani's Creations
- 16:40 to 17:25 - Three to Six Simultaneous Workshops using Zoom Breakout rooms (30 minutes + 15 minute Q & A )
- 17.25 to 17.30- Closing Remarks
Workshops – breakout sessions (30 MINUTES)
# 1 Purpose in Motion - Empathy and Leadership
“Empathy makes you a better innovator – we have to meet the unmet, unarticulated needs of customers.” Satya Nadella, Microsoft CEO.
Practice empathy and understand its importance to identifying and leading effective solutions to social and environmental problems. Learn to interpret the needs of a user through empathy and practice empathy-building tools including observation and interviews.
#2 African Wildlife Foundation – “Development is inevitable”
“The best time to start standing for nature was yesterday. The next best time is NOW. It is time for Nature." Frederick Kumah -AWF Vice President, External Affairs.
Development versus conservation is a false choice; What role can the youth play to change this
3 Minutes- African Wildlife Foundation's Vision for Conservation Video
3 Minutes-Remarks by Frederick Kumah Vice President of External Affairs
20 Minutes-Open discussion with the youth participants
#3 "Solar Energy Ambassadors" with Teng Aihua, President & CEO of Poly Solar Technologies (Beijing).,Ltd.
Poly Solar Technologies (Beijing) Co., Ltd. It is a high-tech enterprise under Poly International Holdings Co., Ltd. specialized in application, development, integration, engineering and consulting in the fields of renewable, energy conservation, and environmental protection.
President Teng, will share her personal China-Africa stories and ways to involve young locals in developing sustainable solar energy in Africa. There will be introductions to the latest solar tech products and business scope.
Date: Tuesday, July 21st
Time: 15:00 PM to 18.00 PM China Standard Time
Location: Zoom Meeting. Details to be confirmed on email.
* ALL TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
Sales have concluded
When and Where
July 21, 2020 at 3:00 PM
July 21, 2020 at 6:00 PM
GLOBAL - Zoom Meeting