China Africa Stories (CAS) IV: How to avoid unsustainable development in Africa-China projects
This is a youth-driven academic forum examining trends in new energy, sustainable development and leadership training for better Africa-China sustainable development projects.
About CAS: CAS is a youth-driven academic forum that goes beyond the high-level government to government official dialogue in the Africa-China space. It calls young Africans, Chinese and other Africa-China relations' stakeholders to engage at a practical people to people level.
A half-day conference featuring a series of interactive workshops and talks providing both African and Chinese students and young professionals an opportunity to explore their role in the Africa-China relationship and opportunities for impact.
Co-Hosted with China Africa Tech Initiative
- 15:00 to 15:10 - Welcome & Introductions by Kente & Silk and China Africa Tech Initiative
- 15:10 to 15:50 - Panel #1 & Q&A - "How to avoid unsustainable developments in Africa-China Projects" – Panel participants present recommendations in an answer & feedback session moderated by Stephany Zoo
- 15:50 to 15:55 - Break
- 15:55 to 16:35 - Panel #2 & Q&A - " Power up & Mining down for better Africa- China Business" - A lively panel discussion of private and public new energy experts in the Africa-China space
- 16:35 to 16:40 - Break
- 16:40 to 17:20 - Keynote #1 & Q&A " Misconceptions of Nuclear Science and its prospect in energy generation for Africa" by Priscilla Obeng Oforiwaa, Co-founder of iNuclear
- 17:20 to 17:50 - Three to Six Simultaneous Workshops using Zoom Breakout rooms (30 to 60-minutes each)
- 17.50 to 18.00- Closing Remarks
Full workshop, panel and speaker details coming soon.
Date: Wednesday, July 21st
Time: 15:00 PM to 18.00 PM
Location: Zoom Meeting. Details to be confirmed on email.
Professionals - 100 RMB
Students - 50 RMB
Donation - Minimum 10 RMB** Ticket
* ALL TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
*Kente & Silk wishes to raise funds to support our promising African start-up pitch competition winners but we realise that it's bee a hard year so we have offered a special tier price for attendees that can afford less or more. If you would like to make a bigger donation contribution then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
When and Where
July 21, 2020 at 3:00 PM
July 21, 2020 at 6:00 PM
GLOBAL - Zoom Meeting