Sales have concluded
Compassionate Communication Workshop
Communication is a basic human activity that is learned throughout life and is applied on a daily basis, but unfortunately not always in the most effective way. This Compassionate Communication workshop can provide you a simple, yet powerful four step process that helps people resolve conflicts and empathically connect with each other, helping you to acquire more fulfilling professional and private lives.
This online Workshop is highly interactive and requires people's undivided attention with video cameras turned on.
What you can expect from this workshop:
- Learn how to better communicate in challenging situations and times of change or crisis
- Practice how to effectively calm down when you are upset or other negative emotions arise
- Understand how to express yourself honestly but with compassion
In which way can Compassionate Communication help you at work and in private life?
- Meet people's needs much more effectively while avoiding or resolving conflicts e.g. with colleagues, direct subordinates at work, friends, partner and children.
- Lead in crisis, being able to be empathetic and de-escalate conflicts as well as to make people accept change and hardship.
- Transform resistance into acceptance which is the most difficult part in times of change and crisis.
The background of Compassionate Communication:
The purpose of Compassionate Communication (also known as NVC: Nonviolent Communication) is to respect the individual's autonomy while at the same time ensuring an empathic connection. This enables us to enjoy contributing to one another's well-being. This is especially helpful when we request someone to change their behavior for our benefit.
Compassionate Communication was developed and successfully applied by the US-American Psychologist Dr. Marshall B. Rosenberg between the 1960's and 1990's. It has been spread across the world since the publication of his book "Nonviolent communication. A language of Life." and has now become a well-recognized approach in the field of conflict resolution or coaching.
This is what participants can expect from this workshop:
- Understand & experience the four steps of the compassionate communication process including the differences between observation and interpretation, pure feelings and judgmental feelings, needs and strategies, requests and demands.
- Learn about the three pillars of compassionate communication
- Understand the importance of autonomy and attitude towards others as a pre-requisite to connect with others and enable giving from the heart.
- Get a glimpse of what differentiates compassionate communication from the way we typically communicate and why it is more effectively meeting our needs
- Understand that there is another approach that can be used to solve or mitigate (old) conflicts
- Get a taste on the philosophy behind compassionate communication
- Get inspired to learn and read more about this communication approach
About the Facilitator Tilman Rieger
With two decades of HR leadership, consulting, facilitation & coaching experience Tilman Rieger founded 8C Consulting in order to help his clients reach more effective communication, leadership and collaboration.
In his former role as HR Director of General Motors Europe Tilman was overseeing 3000 employees across Europe and driving major corporate changes and restructurings.
Today, Tilman works as a certified executive coach, with particular expertise in transactional analysis, compassionate communication and cross-cultural management. He also passionately designs, conducts, and facilitates leadership training and workshops for both managers and associates across different business fields and cultural backgrounds.
He is the President of the Shanghai Coaching Circle, and in the executive committee of China’s probably strongest public speaking club: Shanghai Leadership Toastmasters Club.
Tilman holds degrees in Personnel Management & Economy as well as a Master's in Educational Science, Psychology and Sociology.
He is of German and U.S. nationality, and has lived in Chicago, Frankfurt, London, Paris, Madrid, Zürich and now Shanghai. He is fluent in German, English, Spanish, and conversational in French and Mandarin.
About 8C Consulting
8C Consulting is a consulting company that helps to achieve highly-effective collaboration and communication in cross-cultural environments. We do this by applying two of the most powerful psychological approaches, transactional analysis and compassionate communication.
We offer 1:1 Executive Coaching, Workshop Facilitation, Collaboration Consulting and Business Mediation.
The synergy of TA and CC is unique and effectively facilitates sustainable transformation in individuals and groups.
TA provides the basis to better understand how we communicate and what negatively triggers our and others’ destructive behaviors. CC can be seen as the practical guide towards a less judgmental and more empathic way of dealing with each other, among others in the context of working across cultures. Especially Chinese and Westerners are faced with cross-cultural challenges that are often beyond their own awareness. 8C Consulting understands and addresses those in a comprehensive way.
Increasing self-awareness and the effectiveness of collaboration within an organization improves the quality of leadership, generates better business results, reduces costly conflicts and eventually contributes to lower attrition rates among the workforce.
How to use Zoom and how to make it a positive experience for everyone
After having registered you will receive your ticket in an email by TryClearcut. This mail contains the Zoom Link with which you can login to the meeting. If this is the first time for you to use Zoom please press the link 15-30 min before the meeting officially starts so that you have sufficient time to download the respective APP if needed.
Some requests in order to make this a wonderful experience for everyone:
- turn on your Web-Camera because as this is essential to build up an atmosphere of emotional safety and connection. If this means that you need to put on proper clothes before and/or put on make-up please do so ;-).
- be fully present while attending this virtual workshop, just as if you would go to an offline workshop.
- look into the camera
- avoid engaging in other activities (playing with your smart phone or eating)
- sit or stand still and don't walk around if possible
- choose a quiet background and go on mute while not talking if not possible.
- place your computer or mobile phone on a stand or on a table so that you don't have to hold it in your hand for 2 hours. Not only this is less tiring for you but also it is a bit unpleasant for others to see your video frame moving all the time.
- Use a headset as this increases the quality of your voice when you speak
- please dial in in time because we want to start the session without any delay.
We want this online experience as real and positive as possible. Many thanks for your contribution.
Sales have concluded
When and Where
April 16, 2020 at 7:30 PM
April 16, 2020 at 9:30 PM