Sales have concluded
Topic: Bridging the cross-cultural gap in multinational environments of China
China attracts a lot of foreigners from all over the world which makes it a multinational society. This creates challenges in overcoming the cross-cultural differences which is why it is important to learn how to communicate and interact with people from all over the world, especially at university or at work.
By understanding the cultural differences and learn effective ways how to connect with people with different backgrounds new perspectives will open up and help making communication more enjoyable and teamwork more efficient.
This workshop is for foreign and Chinese students, people working in multinational companies, managers who need to manage teams from different cultures and anyone who is interested in cultural differences and want to learn more about it.
From this topic you will gain:
- More understanding about the fundamental differences between cultures
- Learn to better connect and interact with cultures different from yours
- Getting answers to those questions that you always wished to know about the other culture but never dared to ask
Date: March 12th
Time: 19:00-20:00 China time
Place: online zoom session
Tilman Rieger is founder of 8C Consulting and former HR Director of General Motors Europe. He holds degrees in Personnel Management & Economy as well as a Master's in Educational Science, Psychology and Sociology.
Since 2014 he has been working in the field of executive coaching, workshop facilitation, and communication consulting. His expertise helps his clients to reach more effective communication.
With nearly 15 years of HR leadership and 5 years of consulting & coaching experience, Tilman founded 8C Consulting. He has attended over 800 classroom training hours in leadership coaching, compassionate communication (Marshall Rosenberg), and business mediation.
Today, Tilman designs and facilitates leadership workshops for both managers and associates across different business fields and cultural backgrounds. He also works as a certified executive coach, with particular expertise in transactional analysis, compassionate communication, and cross-cultural management.
Since 2018 he has been the President of the Shanghai Coaching Circle, and has been a member of the executive committee of China’s probably best English-language public speaking club: Shanghai Leadership Toastmasters Club.
He is of German and U.S. nationality, and has lived in Chicago, Frankfurt, London, Paris, Madrid, Zürich and now Shanghai. He is fluent in German, English, and Spanish, and is conversational in French and Mandarin.
Tilman Rieger 是8C Consulting的创始人，他曾任职通用汽车欧洲区的人力资源总监。 Tilman拥有人力资源管理和经济学学位，以及教育科学、心理学和社会学硕士学位。自2014年以来，他一直在企业管理层教练、培训工作坊、沟通咨询等相关领域工作。他的专业经验能够帮助客户更有效的与他人建立沟通与合作。
About 8C Consulting
8C Consulting is a consulting company that helps to achieve highly-effective collaboration and communication in cross-cultural environments. We do this by applying two of the most powerful psychological approaches, transactional analysis and compassionate communication.
We offer 1:1 Executive Coaching, Workshop Facilitation, Collaboration Consulting and Business Mediation.
The synergy of TA and CC is unique and effectively facilitates sustainable transformation in individuals and groups.
TA provides the basis to better understand how we communicate and what negatively triggers our and others’ destructive behaviors. CC can be seen as the practical guide towards a less judgmental and more empathic way of dealing with each other, among others in the context of working across cultures. Especially Chinese and Westerners are faced with cross-cultural challenges that are often beyond their own awareness. 8C Consulting understands and addresses those in a comprehensive way.
Increasing self-awareness and the effectiveness of collaboration within an organization improves the quality of leadership, generates better business results, reduces costly conflicts and eventually contributes to lower attrition rates among the workforce.
为此，我们将融合并应用两种最有效的心理学方法 –- “人际沟通分析”和“同理心沟通”。
How to use Zoom and how to make it a positive experience for everyone
After having registered you will receive your ticket in an email by TryClearcut. This mail contains the Zoom Link with which you can login to the meeting. If this is the first time for you to use Zoom please press the link 15-30 min before the meeting officially starts so that you have sufficient time to download the respective APP if needed.
Some requests in order to make this a wonderful experience for everyone:
- turn on your Web-Camera because as this is essential to build up an atmosphere of emotional safety and connection. If this means that you need to put on proper clothes before and/or put on make-up please do so ;-).
- be fully present while attending this virtual workshop, just as if you would go to an offline workshop.
- look into the camera
- avoid engaging in other activities (playing with your smart phone or eating)
- sit or stand still and don't walk around if possible
- choose a quiet background and go on mute while not talking if not possible.
- place your computer or mobile phone on a stand or on a table so that you don't have to hold it in your hand for 2 hours. Not only this is less tiring for you but also it is a bit unpleasant for others to see your video frame moving all the time.
- Use a headset as this increases the quality of your voice when you speak
- please dial in in time because we want to start the session without any delay.
We want this online experience as real and positive as possible. Many thanks for your contribution.
Sales have concluded
When and Where
March 12, 2020 at 7:00 PM
March 12, 2020 at 8:30 PM
Shanghai, China - Zoom (see link)