Sales have concluded
* For Bank to Bank Payments please select “Cash at the door” as you preferred payment option. If you have questions send us a note: Contact@shcbi.com
Service Design Prototyping: Faster to Market, Lower Risk and Improve Innovation
January, CBi China Bridge has invited Hellon, a company well known as the best firms for Service and Design Prototyping from around the world... this is not joke. They kick ass. CBi China Bridge is teaming up with Markus Hohl from Hellon to provide a 2 days Service Prototyping Workshop. The goal of the workshop is to upgrade your skills and capabilities for practical service prototyping for experiences across key industries such as Retail, Travel & Transportation, Finance, Healthcare, Entertainment.
The Workshop Agenda
Day 1: The value, method and case application of service prototype
I. Theory Introduction
1) Introduce the "End to End" thinking of Service Design
2) Why is Service Prototyping an essential skill for an innovative organization?
3) Introduce the method of multi service prototyping
II. Case Study
- Finland master over 10 years of actual front-line case experience sharing—How to use the service prototype to trigger traffic, healthcare, financial, retail, entertainment and other industry changes?
- Case: Helsinki Airport, Tesco (Le Gou), Bank of Ireland, etc.
III. Practical Rehearsal
1) According to the provided service prototype props, practice different types of service prototyping methods on site.
2) Practice using sketches and storyboards to express your ideas and get feedback
3) Around the interesting mystery proposition, team members work together to create, to practice and promote learning
IV. Interactive Teaching
1) Students may ask questions on the course of the day freely, and the tutor will answer questions on the spot.
2) Instructors, according to the students’ learning level, always control the way and step of class to help students quickly understand the service prototype in different scenarios through coaching guide.
Day 2: Testing, evaluation and iteration of service prototype
I. theory deepening
1) Introduce further service prototyping methods, such as role-playing
2) How do you make your service prototype create immersive user experiences?
3) How to gain insight into real user requirements from service prototype testing?
II. Practical Rehearsal
1) Practice, role playing, and other forms of service prototyping
2) Work with other team members to test service prototypes
3) Service prototype iteration based on feedback
III. Interactive Teaching
1) Students and Finland masters talk face to face on the use of service prototypes in their daily work
2) Instructors will camouflage themselves in actual combat phase moderately, giving students greater autonomy and stimulating their creativity
3) Issue Workshop Certificate
What is Service prototyping!
What is a service prototype? It is a tool for testing the services by observing the interaction of the user with a prototype of the service put in the space, the situation and the condition where the service will actually exist.
In recent years, financial, medical, public transportation, those three industries are undergoing great change! Banking subversion, sharing hospital and sharing cars are turning out in the battle. The original common characteristics of these industries are: heavy assets, heavy investment, transformation difficulty, long process, extremely wide influence once with bad experience.
While the "service prototype", with its less investment, short time, fast trial and error iteration, effective risk- avoiding, etc., gently pry up the three mountains.
↑ The medical industry: building a new pharmacy service booth with cardboard
↑ The financial industry: the creation of a new prototype of banking services, including physical, spatial, social, digital and other contacts
The above service prototype case counters many people's misunderstanding: "Service is too abstract to make a prototype as a product". With the condition of limited time, funds and technology, and other constraints, realizing to make all kinds of concepts into systematic user experience, brand strategy, and commercial advantage - this is a new field with a great investment value.
The service prototype can help companies create high value-added products and services within 1 month, 1 week, 1 day, or even 1 hour, increasing competitiveness and business value.
Here is a Case Study from to get you excited!
Helsinki Airport in Finland hopes to become the preferred transit airport for Asian travelers in northern Europe. The airport management has collected more than 200 recommendations to optimize airport services from passengers and staff. Then comes the question:
So many concepts, how do you choose?
How much time, manpower and budget does it take?
What if you spend a lot of money for a new service but the passengers are not satisfied with the result of the implementation?
For this, they were at a loss to proceed next action.
As the saying goes " We have professionals in charge of different aspects. ", so they go to an insider, cooperating to kick off the project “Travellab”.
The project revealed 12 million euros of potential cost savings a year for Helsinki Airport, and received more than 80 English language publications worldwide; It attracted more than 5 million users on twitter and the number of international passengers increased by 3% during that period. It also won two awards: Finland's annual best design award and the SDN New York global service design award.
It took only 75 days to do so. The first 200 recommendations were screened into 12 new service prototypes for testing and evaluating. 900 passengers are involved in the design and improvement of the service experience.
Finally, the airport management has got a new proven service list with priority, as well as a reusable digital ranking tool used to understand which investment return rate is the highest, providing a key basis for the strategic decision for the airport in the future.
Design Director, MD Hellon London
Markus has 20 years international experience in design and design strategy, in telecoms, transportation and retail. He teaches at the Royal College of Art, Warwick Business School and Design Council in the UK.
Head of SDN Shanghai Chapter，
Chairperson of CBi China Bridge and co-founder of Successful Design.Org.
She is a serial entrepreneur, challenger of innovation boundaries, as well as a promoter of Service Design in China. She has over 20 years experience in design industry. She dedicates herself in utilising design to help China local companies go through strategic transformation, make breakthrough in service innovation and create business value for the company.
Hellon’s human-centered approach helps organizations build holistic customer journeys, from end to end and across multiple channels. They help organizations ideate, design and implement innovative services based on true customer insight. Clients: Helsinki Airport，Bank of Ireland，YTA，Saarioinen, etc.
CBi China Bridge is the founding company of Shanghai Chapter of the Service Design Network. Noted as "Mckinsey in Design Industry" for more than a decade, leading organisations and brands have come to CBI China Bridge when they need to “Innovate & Design Their Next”.
Collaboratively, CBi China Bridge works together with their clients to discover opportunities for growth, define actionable strategies and design innovative solutions that deliver holistic experiences in China for China.
Learn More: http://cbichinabridge.com
Fee: 9998.00 RMB/Person (Includes fees for coaching, handouts, meals, reference materials. Notice: accommodations and transportations are not included.)
Focused Industry: Healthcare, Financial Service, Transportation
Location: Shanghai, China
Time: January 30th-31th, 2018
When and Where
January 30, 2018 at 9:00 AM
January 31, 2018 at 6:00 PM
202, C3 Buiding, 800 Changde Road, Jing'an District, Shanghai, China
5.0 /5 ***** Perfect really good place. cozy too. nice atmosphere. the staff was super friendly. they tried their best. I was a happy camper