Sales have concluded
Freedom Tribë presents ..
"An Ode to Beijing"
An Ode to Beijing is an Unscripted (Open Mic) Nite of Music, Spoken Word and Storytelling, Curated by Poet & Writer ND.
Brought to you in collaboration with our Friends @ BLK GEN -
"Everyone has their Beijing story of why they chose to move here (or to stay here); be it for school, job, relationship or all of the above."
"And everyone has their Beijing story of why they’re leaving, be it for school, job, relationship or all of the above."
Come thru and tell us YOUR story.
DATE: Wednesday, 14 NOV, 2018; 7:30P - 11P
WHERE: Jing Qi Yuan Bar, Gongti North Road 4th, Building 68th / 工体北路4号院68号楼京奇缘酒吧
COST: 60 RMB
Look below for EVERYTHING you need to know!
- Who can perform?
We invite all artists, poets, singers, songwriters, comedians, emcees, journalists, public speakers, motivational speakers, etc… to come out, network and enjoy great music, spoken-word poetry and uplifting stories of why they call Beijing home.
- What stories, music or poems can be performed?
Our goal is to keep it fun, and keep it uplifting. And we will leave it at that.
- How do we sign up to perform?
To perform at An Ode to Beijing, you have three ways of signing up:
- Add ND (@NicoleDenise) on WeChat and ask to be added to the list.
- Sign up on the performer list in person when it goes out at 7:30PM.
- Sign up on the list during the show -- as the night unfolds, as inspiration strikes.
OPEN MIC PERFORMERS
- In what order will performers be called to the stage?
We will proceed down the list in order at 8:30PM.
- For anyone with music, you must have your music on a USB drive for the DJ.
- How long do performers have on stage? Everyone has between five and ten minutes.
- If you’re not in the building when it’s your turn to hit the stage, you will be skipped.
- At 9:30, the second portion of the Open Mic night will start. If you feel compelled to read and/or to perform, feel free to rock the stage w a poem, song or story. We will proceed down the list in order.
- How can I purchase tickets? Via Clear Cut or at The Venue on the night of the event while tickets last!
- What’s the dress code? Wear red! In Chinese culture, Red 红 (hóng) — symbolizes enthusiasm, fervor, and luck. I feel we should all be so lucky to call Beijing home. -ND
I wanted a night where creatives could come together and simply connect over music, poems and stories. With Beijing as the backdrop. I also wanted a night to celebrate all the folks who have supported me throughout this Beijing experience. It’s been a wild ride! -ND
See you there!
Sales have concluded
When and Where
November 14, 2018 at 7:30 PM
November 14, 2018 at 11:00 PM